-->

In Poem

Simplicity Is Relative

Simplicity is relative. The famous cliché of if you have it in mind to be simple, it’d simple is not entirely true. Simplicity depends on our individual ability to grasp a concept. There are some children whom if you tell this is simple in order to prepare their mind to understand would feel dumb or find it to difficult to assimilate it after not getting it a few time. I was a victim of this technique; I would become unusually apprehensive when my teacher or big bro told me something was extremely simple. I’d realize I needed to live up to the expectation of it being simple by getting it immediately. I’d freeze up after a third explanation, my mind clogged up with the idea that I needed to get it on time so as not to frustrate his efforts so I’d nod even though I didn’t understand a dime.  The more he kept saying it was simple, the dumber I’d feel. But if I was told it was difficult, I’d be freer in mind to think that it was not a deduction in my IQ if I stalled in getting it and so I preferred the so called difficult ones because I not getting it on time was not cosidered a bad thing and my persistence led me to finding the answers. Now what’s the moral of the story? Here it is, it is pretty simple (I know right might not really be) simple is relative

Related Articles

1 comments:

Add comment

Qatar

Powered by Blogger.